Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spring Art

I saw a beautiful picture on Pinterest that inspired me to make this spring art.  I had to adapt and use the supplies I had on hand, so mine is different from the picture I saw, but I still love it!  I always want things to be exactly the way the picture is, but I'm learning that sometimes changing it up a bit is pretty cool, too!  I am going to try other color variations of this when I get a chance, but I wanted to share it with you.  As I pass through the room and see it, it just makes me smile.  Art has a way of doing that for you, doesn't it?

Now that I've finished it, I'd like to try stamping the same black script that's on the butterfly onto the gray background piece, too.  It seems like that would be beautiful and would pull the colors out even more!  Changing the colors of buttons, the style of buttons, and the lace trim would be nice, too.  Lots of possibilities with this one!  I can't wait to try them out, but I've got to go do laundry.  One reaches a point where she has no more clean undies, so one must pull herself away from her crafting to take care of necessities!

No comments: