Tuesday, April 14, 2015

An Adorable Birthday Card!

Hello!  My mother has a dear friend who is turning 85 years old this month!  They have known each other since first grade.  Isn't that amazing?  How can you know someone for 80 years!  We are taking her friend, Margie, out to lunch to celebrate her birthday, and we have a couple of gifts for her, too.  I think it will be a nice outing and I made this adorable card for her.  The embossing folder at the bottom of the card is from Anna Griffin's collection.  It adds such an elegance to the card.  I'm also using the stamp set "Your Perfect Day" from Stampin' Up!  It's actually a wedding stamp set, but I just had to use the lovely wreath from that stamp set for Margie's birthday card.  The greeting is from Papertrey's stamp set "Signature Greetings II," which is quickly becoming one of my favorite stamp sets from Papertrey!  On the inside it says, "Age is just a number" from that same stamp set.  I'll try to remember to take pictures of our lunch so I can share them with you.  Margie is adorable and I have fallen in love with her.  She is sweet, funny, and witty - and still drives!  I hope I can be just like her when I turn 85!

 

5 comments:

Deb said...

Simply beautiful. I like that set too (with the wreath), but I haven't ordered it. Your card is gorgeous!

penguinstamper said...

Thank you! You are just THE sweetest!

Marjolijn van Elsberg said...

What a beautiful card you made! and i love your blog and ideas. So much fun to look around here. I think i become a follower!
Greetings from Holland.
Marjolijn.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.