Monday, February 16, 2015

A Sympathy Card

Hello!  Today I had to make a sympathy card for a dear friend who lost her father.  I think sympathy cards are challenging because if they're not "serious" enough or "deep" enough, it seems as though they aren't appropriate for the occasion.  Although they're tricky, I think simpler is better for an occasion like this.  I saw a card very similar to this on Pinterest and used the supplies I had available to mimic it.  Funny how this card seems like it could be used for a wedding card or even a birthday card, but I think it's very nice for a sympathy card, too.  I hope my friend will feel the love that I felt while making it.  I know how sad it is to lose a father.  The supplies are all from Stampin' Up! except for the card stock, which is from Papertrey.  The twine and ink are Early Espresso.


No comments: