Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Our Thanksgiving

Every Thanksgiving, I ask Haley to decorate our Thanksgiving dinner table - and this year, she did a great job!  I should say she did ANOTHER great job because the last several years have all been great!  Here is how she decorated our table for 2014.

Those little Tupperware tubs you see at each spot contain homemade butter.  That's one of our Thanksgiving traditions.  Many years ago when the kids were in kindergarten, we learned how to make butter, so every year we each make some butter to spread on our rolls at Thanksgiving.  All you do is mix 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream with a pinch of salt in a container with a lid - and then shake the heck out of it until it forms into a little ball.  When you open the lid, you pour off the liquid, and then you have a nice amount of butter to spread on your bread.  It's a nice tradition that we will continue to do for years!  Since my mom was joining us this year, I used the china that she and my dad got for wedding presents.  She gave her china to me when she moved to Katy.  Thanksgiving was a very special opportunity to use it!  I also had fun decorating our mantel for Thanksgiving.  As you can see, my Big Shot is still coming in handy!

I simply adore fall colors.  We had such a nice Thanksgiving.  Our meal turned out perfectly, which is always nice (because you never know)!  Now it's on to Christmas!



No comments: