Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Carolers at My Door!

Last Friday night our doorbell rang, and when we opened the door, this choir of young girls in Santa hats started singing Silver Bells. I've never had carolers come to my house before! I had already gotten ready for bed and I was in my pajamas (how embarrassing!), but I wanted to hear them, so I stood there anyway. It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard and, of course, I was moved to tears. One of the little girls was looking at me like, "Why is that lady crying?" One day, she'll understand! She had no idea that while she was singing, it was filling my heart with happiness! It reminds me of the stamp we have that says, "Do your little bit of GOOD where you are. It's those little bits of GOOD that overwhelm the world" - a quote by Desmond Tutu. For a moment while those little girls were singing, everything was right with the world, and everything was perfect. I hope they come back next year!

No comments: