Friday, July 25, 2008

Beautifully Simple Notecards


These two notecards embody everything that I love about stamping! My favorite cards are always the simple ones! They look so crisp and clean, and they're elegant and easy! I don't need all kinds of bells and whistles and doodahs on my cards to be happy, and I don't feel that I need to create a masterpiece to feel fulfilled! These cards make we warm and happy inside - and that's all I need! I made these with our prescored notecards. Any long sentiment will do, and any delicate flower will work, too! I challenge you to take out what you have and produce some instant cards like this! You'll build up a stash of thank-you notes, sympathy cards, birthday cards, or baby cards that you'll have ready when the occasion calls - and you'll be smiling from ear to ear! All supplies used and shown are from Stampin' Up!

Recipe: (And this recipe includes supplies for both cards)
Stamps: Artfully Asian (P. 56); All Holidays (P. 146); Live Your Dream (P. 9 from Occasions Mini Catalog)
Paper: Whisper White Notecards (P. 167) - and they come with the envelopes!
Inks: Basic Black; Bashful Blue Marker; Chocolate Chip Marker; Certainly Celery Marker; Pretty in Pink Marker
Miscellaneous: Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon (P. 191); Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon (P. 191); scissors; Stamp-a-ma-jig (P. 184)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are lovely! I need to do a set of simple cards, too. Thanks for the nudge.

Mary

Anonymous said...

i had already planned a "white card, no layers" stamp camp for august....i'm going to add your card to my selections!!!! we think so much a like that it's scarey----no, fun!!!! luv ya!

Abra Leah Cross said...

They DO look beautiful, but every time I try to do a card like this it just feels naked. Today, in fact, I made a more simple (for me!) card and I actually cut the card base to make it an extra layer, added ribbon, stitching, and buttons. Then it was done. I need some Zen Card Making in my life!!